Monday, December 04, 2006

Huff Huff...Boom

Eight hundred five eight eight two three hundred, empire..... today!! I have to say it is the most annoying commertial on the planet. I many times ask God, "Why did you allow such a mind mushing song like the Empire Today commertial? It is like mustard gas to my ears, and pretty much makes me want to shoot any speaker that playes it with an elephant gun, or maybe just pull the pin on a gernade and stand real close to the radio..." Then God quickly reminds me that its not for me to judge Empire Today by their commercial. So I hang my head in shame with my tail between my legs and say...."ok!"

This then brings up the point. If something annoys me... should I completely shun it from my life? Yea, it makes me want to huff my Subaru exhaust but do other people take joy in it? I suppose that I dont have to be spacific but for the sake of this.. we will say.. Empire today.

Now I think I have made my point with my love of the flooring company. But Many people may take joy in that commercial. How about the creators of that commercial. They must have liked it...,, or the company... they must have liked it... How many times have we seen Jesus in Scripture get annoyed with people and what they were doing or even saying...and get annoyed to the point of "pullling the pin on a gernade and standing close to the radio..."? It seems to me that even though God got annoyed sometimes.. He still loved everyone to allow His son to be Crushed! Thinking of it that way makes my little rant about a commertial pretty dumb.

So they question is .. How do my actions, reactions, attitude, and life affect other people? And am I being selfish in thinking that other people aren't affected by them? Did Jesus live for others???




P.S. I think the same about the band Creed (with the gernades and exhaust stuff)

No comments: